A Parent’s Guide to Invisalign Treatment for Teenagers
Everyone desires to have an attractive smile; unfortunately, crooked or misaligned teeth can make it challenging for your teen to keep smiling. As a parent, you wouldn’t want to see your child being moody due to a dental problem that can be fixed. Therefore, you should look for a dentist who fixes Invisalign in Surrey, BC. The dentist will recommend Invisalign treatment for the teen to fix the tooth misalignment problem. Below is a guide that will help you know how Invisalign treatment for teenagers works, what to expect, and more.
What Is Invisalign For Teens?
Invisalign for Teens is a treatment option for straightening teeth that utilizes clear, removable aligners rather than traditional metallic braces. This type of treatment is very convenient and popular as the aligners are nearly invisible, providing a discreet method of treating your child’s misaligned teeth. Additionally, these clear aligners are more comfortable and can be removed during meals and brushing time, ensuring proper oral hygiene.
For you to know if your child is a good candidate for Invisalign treatment, you should take them to the orthodontics near you. First, the orthodontist will take x-rays of your kid’s teeth, impressions, and photographs to see the extent of the problem.
Once they’ve determined Invisalign treatment is suitable, they will create a treatment plan for your child. You will be given a set of clear aligners, which the dentist will tell you to advise your teen to wear for 20-22 hours daily. After some time, you’ll need to take your child to the dentist who fixes Invisalign near you so they can change the aligners.
What Problems Can Invisalign Teen Fix?
Invisalign Teen can correct mild to severe tooth misalignment problems. Furthermore, clear aligners can fix overbite, underbite, crossbite, and open-bite problems. However, it would be best to check in with the dentist as specific misalignment problems may require traditional braces.
How Long Does Invisalign Teen Treatment Take?
Typically, most teens wear Invisalign trays for about 12 to 18 months for complete treatment. Nevertheless, the duration may vary depending on your misalignment issue.
Other than the misalignment issue, other factors may determine how long the Invisalign treatment lasts. Some of these factors include the dentist’s level of expertise and experience and how well your teen follows instructions on how long to wear the aligners.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign for Teens?
- It is comfortable to wear- Invisalign aligners are made of smooth, comfortable material that is gentle on your gums and cheeks, different from traditional metallic braces.
- Invisalign allows you to eat anything you want– Invisalign aligners are removable, meaning you can remove them during meals, eat, rinse, and put them back. So your teen can enjoy their favorite meals without restrictions.
- Invisalign treatment is discreet– one of the main benefits of this treatment is that it is discreet. If your teen is self-conscious about their looks, then Invisalign aligners are the most suitable option. The aligners are made of clear material, so it will be challenging for other people to notice them.
- Treatment with Invisalign is shorter than traditional braces– typically, Invisalign treatment takes about 9-15 months, while traditional braces take about 18-24 months for complete treatment.
- Invisalign is convenient- what makes these aligners convenient is that they are removable. This implies that teens can remove them for special events and occasions. There is no need to worry about food getting stuck in the aligners or eating hard foods that may damage the braces.
Tips For Parents When Encouraging Their Teen To Use Invisalign
- Help them know the commitment needed for successful treatment: explain to your teen that they will need to wear the aligners for at least 22 hours every day.
- List the benefits of Invisalign treatment- discuss with your kid how the aligners will improve their smile and self-esteem.
- Let your kid know you’re supportive of their decision to use the clear aligners- reassure them that you’ll be with them every step.
- Offer incentives for completing treatment- one way of appreciating your teen’s commitment is by giving them financial incentives.
Motivate them to stay positive throughout the treatment even when they don’t notice any changes.
Invisalign for Teens is a suitable treatment for your teenager. If your teen’s crooked teeth affect their social life, esteem, and oral health, don’t hesitate to bring them to King George Dental Centre. Our dental professional will examine their teeth and create a suitable treatment plan.