Pros and Cons of Teeth Whitening in Surrey
Teeth whitening is one of the dental procedures that patients consider luxurious. Many hold themselves back from the treatment, in the idea that they do not need it. While you can go through your entire life without teeth whitening in Surrey, BC, would it hurt to learn a thing or two about the procedure? Frankly, the lack of knowledge about teeth whitening dentistry near you can be the reason you are not interested in the treatment. Lucky for you, today we have a break down of some of the pros and cons of teeth whitening for patients.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
It is the process of bleaching the enamel and dentin of teeth to make them brighter and whiter than they are. When your teeth first emerge from your gums, they are while as can be. However, over time, different variants affect the color of teeth. Unfortunately, even with thorough dental hygiene, you may still notice a change in the color of your teeth as you grow older.
Factors that play a big role in the color of your teeth include the following:
- 1. Food – there is no way you are maintaining super white teeth while you still eat. This is especially with foods that have heavy pigments, or acidic. Examples are, coffee, sodas, lemons, oranges, tomatoes, red wine, among others. However, you can change things up by brushing your teeth after every meal and cutting back on the continual use of such foods.
- 2. Medical conditions and medication – problems like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and all the medication for such illnesses can affect the color of your teeth.
- 3. Poor oral hygiene – failure to keep up with your oral health will create a conducive space for plaque to build-up on your teeth’s surfaces. Given that plaque has a yellowish color, your teeth will no longer have their original shine and brightness.
- 4. Enamel thinning – it is mostly as a result of aging, where the enamel of the tooth wears out, exposing more of the dentin that is duller in color.
More About Teeth Whitening
Regardless of what your cause if, a dentist in Surrey, BC will tell you that teeth whitening is just the solution for your teeth discoloration. Still, the cause of the discoloration will play a big part in identifying a method of teeth bleaching that best works for you. You don’t have to worry about this, as the dentist near me will know what to do after a comprehensive dental exam.
At King George Dental Centre, we describe teeth whitening as a careful process of bleaching teeth using special chemicals, to make them whiter than they are. The process is mostly performed in cosmetic dentistry, as well as a general dentist. Anyone can have their teeth whitened, as long as they feel the need to. However, these services are very common for patients who have stains on their teeth cleaning Surrey.
If you wondering whether teeth whitening is worth it, it is time you considered more about the process. It is non-invasive, in the sense that surgery is not involved. Only the surfaces of your teeth are treated, meaning that no component of your natural teeth will be lost during the procedure. Other than that, perhaps considering the pros and cons of teeth whitening will help with decision making.
Cons of Teeth Whitening
This treatment has been known to be a little costly for all patients to afford. Given that it is not a necessity, one may opt-out of the procedure. Some other issues related to teeth sensitivity after the procedure can scare you from the treatment. However, that should not be enough for you to make your decision just yet.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Before you change your mind over the cost of having your teeth whitened, here are some compelling benefits of the treatment:
- 1. Improved oral hygiene – a major step of the teeth whitening procedure in dentistry has to do with deep cleans. The deep cleaning is a process used to remove all plaque and tartar from teeth. this step is necessary, having that some of the reasons your teeth are not as bright are because of plaque.
- 2. Confidence boost – you will never know how wide and boldly you can smile until you have newly whitened teeth.
- 3. Early problem detection – the whitening treatment will have you visit a dentist in Newton Surrey for the first time in a long time, providing a chance for him/her to check your mouth for infections and illnesses.
- 4. Safety – the procedure is considered safe and reliable as long as a dental expert is involved.