Why Has Invisalign® Aligners Become So Popular?
Orthodontic treatment involves the correction of wide gaps between teeth and teeth misalignment. The treatment has been around for several years, and millions have benefited from it. Traditionally, the treatment used to be for kids. However, that has changed with the introduction of clear aligners such as Invisalign® Surrey.
These clear aligners have become quite popular, and in this blog, we will discuss the reasons for their popularity. But before we get to that, let’s discuss a few facts you should know about Invisalign braces.
Fast Facts About Invisalign
- Invisalign treatment has a success rate of over 95 percent.
- Any dentist can place clear aligners but not every dentist can place them well.
- Clear aligners are used to treat all orthodontic issues, both minor and severe cases. However, there are some cases that can only be treated with metal braces.
- The treatment takes pretty much the same time as traditional braces, not shorter, as some people have been convinced.
- There are several types of clear aligners, and Invisalign is the best option among them all. It has been tried and tested for over 20 years.
- Clear aligners can be used by people of all ages, although they are most popular among adults.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Invisalign aligners are relatively affordable, not as expensive as some people have been convinced they are. However, be psychologically prepared that they are slightly more expensive than metal braces. You will only need to add a few dollars, though. Given the many benefits that come with the treatment, the extra dollars are worth it.
Why Are They So Popular?
There are several reasons clear aligners and Invisalign, in particular, have become so popular in recent years. Here are some of them:
Compared to traditional braces (metal braces), clear aligners are way more comfortable. They are designed to perfectly fit a patient’s teeth and exert gentle pressure to move the teeth towards the desired direction. We are here for you if you are looking for Surrey Dental. Call us now.
One of the major reasons clear aligners have become so popular is because they are removable. This means you can eat all your favourite foods without being worried that you will affect your treatment.
Also, it makes it easy for you to maintain proper oral hygiene since there are no wires or brackets where food particles can get caught. Furthermore, you don’t need to change your dental care routine since you will remove them while brushing your teeth cleaning surrey.
However, you should wear your aligners at least 22 hours a day for the best results. If you don’t, your treatment may take longer than estimated. You should also never eat or drink when wearing the aligners. The only thing you can take with clear aligners is water.
Easy to Maintain
Clear aligners are quite easy to maintain due to the fact that they are removable. You can remove them while brushing your teeth and clean them separately with a non-coloured soap and clean water. Here are a few maintenance tips to help you take proper care of your aligners.
- Don’t drink or eat with your Invisalign braces. You can only take water with them.
- Wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day and replace them every two weeks.
- Always clean your teeth before putting your aligners back.
- Always rinse your aligners in clean water before putting them back and after removing them from the mouth.
- Don’t take tobacco products or alcohol with your Invisalign braces.
- Visit your dentist Newton at least every three months for checkups and adjustments throughout the treatment duration.
Invisalign Aligners Are Invisible
Aligners are transparent, which makes them nearly invisible. However, that does not Invisalign magically disappear when they are placed on your teeth. If someone looks hard enough, she will notice the aligners.
Still, they are less noticeable, and it is quite hard for anyone to know you are under orthodontic treatment. That’s what makes them such a great option for adults. Not many adults would feel comfortable walking around with metal braces. Talk to us if you are looking for Invisalign near you in Surrey, BC.
King George Dental Center
If you are looking for Invisalign in Surrey, BC, you are in the right place. We provide high-quality preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dental services. You can count on our experience. Book an appointment now.